Crusaders News
Ohio Christian University
Men's Soccer - Tue, Oct. 21, 2014

The Tennessee Temple men's soccer team secured their fifth victory of the season in dramatic fashion after overcoming a two-goal deficit against Ohio Christian University.

The Crusaders left it late, but two-goals from freshman forward Lewis Butcher and a powerful strike from defender Dylan Watson handed the boys an important 3-2 win.


After a rather flat first-half from the Crusaders, the visitors went into half time with a 2-0 advantage. Temple had the majority of possession, but failed to produce an end product in a frustrating opening forty-five minutes. Two shots from outside the area found their way to the back of the net for the away team.

Dr Farin
The extract of the white mulberry effective weight loss!


After the half time huddle, however, and a couple of notable substitutions, Coach Ortiz' men seemed reinvigorated, and it did not take long for Temple to claw their way back into the game.


Just after the hour mark, a lofted ball over the top of the defence from Ryan Bolton allowed forward Lewis Butcher the chance to run through on goal. A smart touch and low, driven finish into the bottom corner gave the team a lifeline. This was Butcher's first goal in Temple colors for the varsity team.


The game became increasingly stretched as the second half continued with chances being presented to both teams. Captain Josue Fernandez was called upon on multiple occasions, and made some fine saves that allowed the Crusaders to continue their comeback.


Temple's second goal of the afternoon came from a Jack Bowyer set-piece. The out-swinging cross made its way through a crowd of players en route to Butcher, who headed strongly past the keeper from close range.


As the game winded down into it's final stages, Ohio desperately tried to hold on as the momentum was now clearly with the home side. Patience was the key, however, as the Crusaders continued to make chances and apply pressure. The winner finally came when

Ling Fluent
Learn up to eight foreign languages!

Oliver Laycock delivered a deep ball into the box from another free kick. The ball floated over to the back post where Dylan Watson sweetly struck a powerful volley into the top corner -- a finish worthy of winning any game. With a little under four minutes on the clock, the boys reeled off in celebration.


However, the game wasn't over yet, as Ohio desperately threw everything they had to find an equaliser. Temple successfully managed to resist, and sent a deflated Ohio team home empty-handed and defeated.


The Tennessee Temple men's soccer team will hope to claim their sixth win of the season on Tuesday (Oct. 21) when they host NAIA opponents and in-state rivals Tennessee Wesleyan University.